Parents are actively involved in all areas of school life. Parents serve on the School Board and the Parent Board. The School Board’s tasks include budget planning, assessing maintenance needs, development, and student recruitment. The Parent Board heads the Parent Organization and sponsors social events as well as provides a subsidy to the school’s operating budget through many fundraisers.
Through the Parent Participation Program, each family is asked to commit to 40 hours (20 hours for single parents) of volunteer service to the school each year. You will find St. Gabriel parents:
- Planning and staffing fundraisers and events
- Accompanying classes on field trips
- Serving on the School and Parent Boards
- Performing maintenance and repair projects
- Assisting in the classrooms and library
- Sharing professional skills with teachers and students
- Coaching athletic teams
- Donating gifts in kind
Parents consistently give more volunteer hours than they are asked.