About Parent Hours
Why volunteer with the SGPO?
The St. Gabriel Parent Organization provides an annual subsidy to the school's operating budget to help offset the cost of tuition. SGPO raises these funds through numerous fundraisers. In addition, SGPO sponsors social events throughout the school year. Volunteering at these fundraisers and events is a great way to earn parent hours.
Questions about your current Parent Hours?
Contact our Parent Participation Chair Stephanie Duffy.
Ice cream is available each Friday at lunchtime for Grades 1 through 8 between 11:45 and 12:45 PM. Contact Candy Chen to help out.
New parent breakfast coordinator: Jenny Malchow
Hospitality Committee provides refreshments and snacks for the General Parent Meetings held in the Fall and Spring.
Come and enjoy lunchtime with the students. Email Melissa Campos with potential days that you can help out between 11:45 and 12:45 PM.
Chair: Michelle Rivadeneyra
Room Parents are liaisons between parents and the classroom. They help coordinate class activities according to each teacher's needs, facilitate communication and important school information.
Contact Georgia Wasley at email if you are interested in representing St. Gabriel at school fairs and events, helping with Open House and tours or assisting with graphic design and/or social media marketing.
We have a fabulous group of people who keep our St. Gabriel campus looking great. If you would like to join us, please contact Aria Gould
Put on your gardening gloves and join us at school on our SATURDAY SPRING SPRUCE-UP DAYS!
Our 2022-2023 dates will be posted soon.
Sponsored by SGPO, Faculty and staff enjoy a special luncheon prepared by our wonderful parents.
If you would like to help with preparations and/or serving, please contact: Judi Dito.
Traffic Volunteers Needed!
Help needed with traffic in the following areas. Email Mrs. Butts to volunteer.
- Cones on Ulloa St. & 40th Avenue. This is an easy 15 minutes a day toward parent hours! We need someone to put out cones at the driveway on Ulloa St. at 40th Ave. in the afternoons. This is best for someone who is at school most afternoons.
- Morning Traffic: Help with pedestrians and traffic at the corners of 41st & Ulloa and 40th & Ulloa. Any mornings.
- Afternoon Traffic: This is our area of greatest need.
What do afternoon traffic monitors do?
- Help with the flow of the pick-up line on 41st Avenue.
- Help parked cars leave through the pick-up line.
- Help children find their ride.*
- Help parents, grandparents and others find children they are picking up.
*Children, especially in the younger grades, often rely on the traffic monitors to help find their rides. Without additional help, we will continue to have afternoons where there is no one there to help them.
Let us know by filling out the form below and send in the paper form to the clinic.
Please check the area(s) you would like to help with.
Parent Volunteers are needed to assist with annual Vision Screening of students in selected grades.
Chair: Dr. Jennifer Snyder